Thursday, October 2, 2008

Taking A Break

I think I am going to be taking a break from the political scene for a little while, but might have to wait until after tomorrow night's debate with Sarah Palin and Joe Biden, it is going to be great. I can not wait to see what words of infinite wisdom Sarah Palin is going to have for us. I just hope that Joe Biden does not make faux pas that could make us look like total morons. For interested parties, you can pretty much catch the debate on any channel or you can watch it online at CNN.com.

My reason for taking a break is that my head is ready to explode, I now know more about McCain, Palin, and Obama than I would say at least 60% of the population does and it makes my head hurt. Another problem that I have discovered, is that no matter how bad a lie is and how hard I try to prove that it is a lie, people still believe it, or think that I am lying even though I cite valid sources from reputable people. I am going to go emo for a minute and say that I have virtually given up on people. The ability for people to look at things from a different perspective, or to consider an idea that maybe vastly different from their own, is seriously lacking in this country.

Granted I am a pretty die hard Obama supporter but I am sick and tired of people having no common sense whatsoever. People still think that his middle name "Hussein" ties him to Saddam Hussein, they still think that because he attended a "madrassa" (muslim school) between the ages of 6-10 that he has Muslim extremism ingrained into his personality. CNN, the ONLY new channel to go to the school he attended, found no evidence whatsoever of the "extremism" that so many people are so quick to attach to Obama. Another thing worth noting, is the fact that there are 1.4 billion Muslims in the world and the vast majority of Americans have been lead to believe that all 1.4 billion of them are extremists. It does not take a whole lot of imagination to realize that if all 1.4 billion were extremists, we would be in a whole lot of trouble, much more than we are in right now. Not only that, but even if Obama were an Muslim Extremist, is it that unrealistic to think that in the almost 12 years that he has been in politics someone would have found it out a lot earlier than now? The same goes for his supposedly forged or missing birth certificate, which is posed on his website and many other places. But for just a second, lets just say that his birth certificate was missing, his mother is an American citizen, he was born in Hawaii, and therefore, Obama is a natural-born citizen. As some conspiracy theorists like to speculate, supposedly, Obama's mother was in Kenya at the time of his birth, then immediately after delivery, boarded a plane, took a nearly 16 hour flight from Kenya to Hawaii where she filled out the birth certificate. For one he is already a citizen of the US having been born to a US citizen, although he wouldn't be considered "natural born." For two, this is borderline psychotic, they are implying that Obama's mother thought, "Oh my god, I'm in Kenya and I want Barack to grow up to be president. I have to fly back to Hawaii immediately so that I can have his birth certificate signed there so that he can be a natural born citizen." While not entirely impossible, I seriously doubt that she would have been capable of boarding a flight having just given birth and fly an hours old baby back to Hawaii. Not only that but this is another area where someone could have discovered this well before he began his campaign.

I am pretty sick of all of this, it is almost as if we have lost our ability to think for ourselves and can only digest information if it is spoon fed to us and the person says "here this is true, take my word for it." It is bullshit and it needs to stop, immediately. As it currently stands, I am very fearful for my country, for many reasons. Some people dislike Obama because they claim that he is an "elitist." Excuse me? We have just spent the past 8 years with someone who is supposedly "just an average guy," "someone you could have a beer with," and "has small town values." So, how have the past 8 years been? We are fighting 2 wars, have a crippled economy, it has been the most secretive government ever, ethics scandals, torture scandals and those are just some of the things that we know about. I do not mind at all that Obama has a degree from Columbia University and a Harvard Law degree, he sat on the Harvard Law Review, and he also worked as a constitutional lawyer in Chicago. If he is supposedly an "elitist" and McCain, who's wife owns the largest beer distributor in Arizona with revenue of over 300 million dollars a year and she owns 7 houses, including their primary residence which is a 4000 square foot condo with a price tag of $4.6 million, is not an "elitist." Then I guess I need to be told what the definition of being an elitist is. Personally, I would not think that a member of "the elite" would work as a community organizer. It as almost as if Obama being an intelligent person is somehow looked down upon which is sad. And now, people are going around slamming Obama, saying that he's not fit to run this country but a former Navy man, who has been in the Senate for so long that he's almost a permanent fixture, who's Grandfather and Father were admirals, basically has virtually been surrounded by military his whole life, graduated 894 out of 899 in his class at Annapolis and does not believe in the simplest forms of diplomacy, and sings immature songs about bombing Iran, (Yes, he is on video singing Bomb, bomb, bomb....and then laughing, to the tune of Barbarann), and then selects a running mate who is incredibley inexperienced and does not even agree with half of McCain's platform, especially his reforms in earmarks, and is quoted as saying that "our national leaders are sending our soldiers on a task from god. (I have pretty much written a book on Palin) is vastly more qualified than Obama? Please, I am tired of it, honesly a vote for McCain will only continue us down the same path that we have been on for the past 8 years, lead to further deterioration of our foreign relations, and continue the "rich get richer and the poor get poorer." Gallup conducted polls in Germany, France, and England, the average of the 3 countries was 62% for Obama and 10% for McCain, that says a lot in my opinion. If McCain wins, I am moving to England.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: